domenica 22 dicembre 2013

HOW TO: go thrifting (Part 1)




Hi everybody, here's THE POST (part 1).
I'm going to talk about flea markets and thrift shops (vintage is a different theme, later).
I've been to soo many different kinds of markets and thrift shops 'cause I'm that kind of girl that need to own new clothes everyday but my wallet can't afford it.
I found the best thrift shops in New York (read Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn) even if I've been there just for two weeks in my whole life. If we talk about flea markets there is no better city than Paris.
Anyway, this is another story. Let's talk about HOW to buy and WHAT to buy in this situations. These are my basic rules:
  • search for timeless stuff and I think the best ones are basically sweaters, shirts, skirts, bags, coats.
  • do not ever buy trousers or jeans: you can't try them and wearing them too tight or too loose is not possible (I'm optimistic with clothes and my closet is full of too tight jeans)
  • if you want to buy a shirt or a blouse always look at cuffs, collar and buttons cause they're the first things that deteriorate. Do not trust yellow collars, they won't turn clean just with a machine wash
  • always wash clothes before wearing them
  • coats: I like them overized but get yourself a limit, enough is enough
  • the best time to visit them is just before the closing time, when sellers want to get rid of anything and you can find clothes for half the price 
  • but the best advice ever, especially if you don't have clear ideas about what you like, is to follow some fashionable people and steal clothes from their hands ahah!

  • Wait for part 2 for more information on how to buy skirts, bags, shoes and hats.




    (Credits: Tumblr)


    See you, Ele

    Nessun commento:

    Posta un commento

    Write me, I love people.

    09 10